The Phonetic Society of Japan's annual convention is held every year, typically on a weekend in late September/early October. The two-day convention usually starts Saturday afternoon with a plenary lecture and panel discussions, followed by an evening reception. The following Sunday morning and afternoon are devoted to oral presentations of 25-30 minutes in length.
The 27th Annual Convention
Call for papers
Submission for oral and poster presentations are now open. Both are scheduled to be held on the first day of the convention.
- Date: September 28 – 29, 2013
- Location: Kanazawa University
Please send your application forms in PDF or MSWord format to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th
. The length should not be longer than 2 pages (A4-size). Please insert “Submission for 27th Annual Convention” in the email subject. We will send an email to notify the acceptance of submission within a few days. If you do not receive this email, please send an email again by July 5th, as we may not have received your submission email.
- Name(s) and affiliation(s) of presenter(s) in Japanese, if available
- Name(s) and affiliation(s) of presenter(s) in English
- Would the first author like to be reviewed for the Best Presentation Award, if (s)he are eligible*?
*Graduate students or members under age 40.
- Oral or poster presentation
- First author’s E-mail address and telephone number for notification of acceptance.
- Title of presentation in Japanese (unnecessary if presentation is in English)
- Title of presentation in English
- Abstract of presentation (less than 800 Japanese characters, or less than 500 words in English)
Please read the following before submission:
- The presenter must be a member of the Phonetics Society of Japan. Non-members may submit if the first author is a member. First authors must be members at time of submission.
- Papers submitted to or scheduled to be submitted will not be accepted.
- The abstract should include results available at the time of submission. Papers with only experiment plans will not be accepted. (See also 8.)
- Notification of acceptance will be sent by July 10th. If accepted, please send the full paper by August 10th.
- Format of papers are the same for oral and poster presentations. (less than 6 pages in A4 sized paper)
- Applicants may choose the presentation form (oral or poster), but the final decision will be made by the committee. Please be ready to present in either oral (1st day) or poster (2nd day) form.
- Languages used for presentations are limited to Japanese and English. Please write the title and abstract in the same language. Papers should be written in the language selected at submission.
- Distribution of additional materials on the day of presentation is prohibited.
- Abstracts will be published in the conference journal Journal of the Phonetic Society of Japan. Revisions will not be accepted after submission.
- Details of poster presentations, including poster size, will be announced shortly.
The 27th Annual Convention of the Phonetic Society of Japan (in Japanese)